Hours per week:
Spotlight on English is a comprehensive, standards-based program for English language learners (ELLs) designed to help K-6 students develop English language proficiency, gain access to grade-level content and successfully transition to a mainstream classroom. This series exposes students to grade-level Academic English and models of Standard English and provides educators with the tools necessary to empower ELLs to acquire the English language accurately and achieve competency in listening, speaking, reading and writing. It is a balanced program that not only provides the academic language students need, but also brings together proven methodologies and innovating teaching strategies in an original program.
- Uses academic language and well-structured lessons supported by curricular materials in different areas.
- Contains multiple intelligence activities.
- Based on scientific research.
- Aligned with US ELA/ELD, National Curriculum and Content-area Standards.
- Created with content-rich framework-language arts, math, science, social studies, music and art.
- Developed with multi-level teaching strategies for differentiated instruction in every lesson.
- Designed to deliver direct, structured, and inclusive language construction.